Pro membership (iOS)
In the spirit of encouraging payment in support of the online services we use and love, Letterboxd has a Pro membership tier in addition to its free membership status (which will always remain available). Pro members get the benefit of several advanced features, including:
- Personalized stats pages like these (for each year of activity logged, and for all-time)
- Set your favorite streaming services and filter by what’s available on those platforms
- Receive email and/or push notifications when films in your watchlist arrive on one of your favorite services
- Track and filter based on the films you own (physically or digitally)
- Filter your activity feed by activity type
- Clone your own or others’ lists
- Change your username (once per 90 days)
A Patron-level option is also available. This represents the pinnacle of support: in addition to all the perks of Pro, we’ll list you on our Patrons page, your profile will be adorned with the backdrop from your first favorite film (if available), your reviews and lists will also get backdrops, and you’ll be first to learn about and test new features. Right now we’re beta-testing the ability for Patrons to add all visible films on a page to a specific list in one go (web only).
Subscriptions are available via Apple’s in-app purchase mechanism on an annual subscription basis. Open the Subscription Settings screen from Settings on your profile to upgrade. (If you already have a subscription via our website, it covers you for all use of our service, so there is no need to subscribe in the app as well, but you’re welcome to switch to the auto-renewing in-app option once your annual subscription ends.)
Letterboxd is 100% funded by its founders, and we’d love your support to continue to build the best community of film lovers anywhere in the world. If you have any questions, please get in touch.